A very common remark is “I hate going to the dentist, how do I find one that’s right for me?”. Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question. The largest differences one may perceive during their quest to find the right dentist, may be in fact due to the patient experience as a whole, rather than just the treatment.
Here are some questions to consider that may be helpful in your search for the right “Dental family”:
1) Is the staff friendly, welcoming and helpful?
2) Did the office get you in at a time that best suits you? Do they make themselves available to you?
3) Is the facility clean, up-to date, and comfortable?
4) Did the dentist communicate to you in a way that you were able to understand?
5) Was the staff able to answer all your financial concerns?
6) Did the dentist and staff address your primary concerns for why you were there?
7) Was the staff and dentist supportive or condescending with your previous oral health?
There are many other things to consider when choosing your future dental home, but this is a great start. Look at the office website, Facebook, and google to see if the staff and facilities are something that attracts your needs. Dentistry is a time honored profession, and while there are new advances every day, the treatments grossly remain the same. It is important to find a place where not only you, but your entire family will feel welcomed, relaxed, and actually enjoy themselves! We love getting to know our patients and their families. In the end, we do dentistry to build relationships and help others. We look forward to welcoming you to our Watts Dental family! Call us at (813) 737–7370.